Monday, April 27, 2009

enjoy.

In my second life, I would really love to bake things for a living. Maybe it will happen in my first life, but until then, I crave in moderation: all things baked goods.

On my way home from a fabulous weekend away, my boyfriend and I stopped by one of my favorite places, Los Olivos. I feel like all Anthropologie photo shoots of girls in pretty dresses were probably shot here. (If you’re a female reading this, you already know what Los Olivos looks like).

It’s wine country meets rolling hills with oak tree overpasses meets small town that has about as many tasting rooms as it does cars, and you get the drift. On one corner there’s the ten year old with a petition, trying to save his sheep, on another corner there’s Coquelicot, an incredible tasting room that boasts of a bocce ball court and really great sustainable wine. 

And on another corner (there’s a lot of corners) is the Saarloos & Sons Tasting “House, home to Enjoy Cupcakes.

I don’t think I’ll make my mark on baking society before the cupcake bubble bursts, but this one-display-case-bakery boasts of flavors like Chocolate Blackberry Syrah, Tart Ginger Lime Chardonnay, and Aloha Cheesecake (which, according to the website, is “Alan’s Favorite”).

The best thing about Enjoy Cupcakes beside the product is the vehicle in which the product travels in: a restored vintage “Shasta” trailer. As if I wasn’t already in love with this trailer, put some white twinkling lights and roll out the awning, and you could have a party in just about –no make that literally anywhere and it 
would be darling.
i would like you at my next party little trailer
Another great element to Enjoy (witty, I know) is that they are willing to incorporate just about any design element to custom create a cupcake – whether it be a flower, color, flavor, or drink.

Dear Enjoy Cupcakes,
I really like chocolate, peonies and summer berries. I’ll be by soon to pick up my cupcake.

Fondly,
Erin.

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!!!! I love you and your unique and lovely voice that comes through your writing.

    You, me, Los Olivos sometime soon....

    and...sooooo I want a trailer like that. I will restore one just like that. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha we found you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Erin,
    I remember being in some marketing or possibly accounting class (like junior year?), and you telling me about your plan to be a entrepreneurial business owner and open a cupcake shop! I thought it was a great dream :) I will be waiting....

    <3 Stephie

    p.s. We need to catch up sometime w/ Karen and Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Erin and Enjoy,

    I like Pinot Noir, orchids, and raspberries. Get to work.

    Thanks and Love,

    Molly

    ReplyDelete