Tuesday, May 26, 2009

frames.


Living life frame by frame. 

To maximum exposure

I think there’s some sort of balance to be achieved between seeing the grandiose, overarching theme of what I deem to be my life’s purpose, and what happens in the short span of 24 hours. There’s got to be, because at this point, I haven’t achieved success in fully committing to one idea or the other.

I wake up, read something in the Bible that strikes me as ‘yes, this is my jam for the day’, and by the end of the day, the thought has managed to seep into my overall modus operandi for life. How does that happen? I thought tonight, do I waste days planning for the next?

I would love to wake up every single morning, and think, “Yes! I have one more day to love, and receive love!”

One more day to just be blown away by the earth, creation, air, breath, life.

One more day to connect with another human being.

One more day to breathe in air, mercy, and grace.

24 hours, captured in a frame. I would love to be fully known in one frame. To be fully understood of what I am made of.

planning and worrying, you can subside. 

being and doing, you can ensue.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post. I think of Matthew 7 "do not worry about tomorrow...for to morrow will care for itself..."

    and yet I worry
    and wonder
    and wish to know outcomes

    and with the outcomes already known...

    no dreaming
    no faith
    no hope

    and these things seem to be the essence of the deeper parts of life and the thing that causes me to submit to the beautiful, loving, merciful God who created each moment...each 24 hr frame...in order to reveal more of Himself to us so that we would become more and more molded into His image.

    Thank you for reminding me...

    "...His mercies are new every morning, great is thy faithfulness, O Lord"

    ReplyDelete